GCP Applied Technologies Commercial Director - ANZ in Archerfield, Australia
In 2016, W.R. Grace separated into two independent public companies, Grace and GCP Applied Technologies. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, GCP Applied Technologies has over 50 years of industry expertise and decades of success in creating new product categories and markets.
Our portfolio of construction products includes concrete and cement additives, building materials and technologies that ensure specified quality and enhance business productivity. The world’s most successful architects, producers, builders and contractors insist on GCP brands and solutions for their construction projects.
We now have an opening forCommercial Director,Construction Products,for Australia & New Zealand, based in Brisbane, Australia.
Commercial Director,Construction Products, ANZ
Manage ANZ’soverall growth and sales profitability
- Drive commercial excellence and manage Sales and Technical serviceteams inANZ region.
- Drive Sales and Contribution Margin growth; manage expenses, AR andsupportInventory targets.
- Drive profitability by leading all functions to ensure high level of performance by meeting and/or exceeding objectives as outlined in theOperating Plan.
- Evaluate the attractiveness of existing and potential customers based on growth, profitability, collaboration, and loyalty.
- Routinely assess andoptimizeproduct portfolio.
- Develop channel access and partners to grow business.
- Assess our competitive position (market share, cost position, technology, performance, on the key buying criteria); benchmark against the competition in areas of profitability and service.
- Understand trends and key customers, and unique market segment success factors to develop differentiated products and services with sustainable competitive advantage.
- Work closely with global marketing to improve the local marketing position.
- Leadership (coach, motivate, manage teams).
- Lead coordination and communication for the functions in the matrix organization.
- Strong execution (pragmatic, well organized, fast).
- Strong conceptual thinking abilities (vision, problem solving).
- Business acumen with a mindset for continuous improvement and productivity.
- Familiarity with EHS (Environmental, Health andSafety) practicesand responsible for safe practices at the workplace.
- Ability to assess market conditions and make adjustments/recommendation on price, cost, etc.
- 10-12 years’ experience ideally within the construction industry, of which significant part in a marketing/business management role
- University degree in a technical or business discipline, post-graduate degree a plus.
- Expertise with wide range of business practices and tools
Key Performance Indicators:
- Safety performance
- Sales growth; Sales pipeline development; New product sales
- Expense management
- Contribution Margin growth
- AR, Inventory development
Reports to: Vice President, Global Construction Products