Robert Half Accountemps Staff Accountant in Atlanta, Georgia
Are you an experienced accountant with a keen eye for accuracy? Accountemps has an exciting opportunity at a rapidly-growing organization in the Financial Services industry for a Staff Accountant. Located in the Atlanta, Georgia area, this long term temporary-to-fulltime position is an engaging, multi-faceted opportunity where hard work is rewarded. The Staff Accountant plays a major role in the preparation of monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. This position will require a time commitment, since it produces Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. During the monthly close, your will also be in charge of many aspects of internal reporting. You'll also review schedules for the reporting processes, stay in touch with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and play an active role in compliance.
Responsibilities - Take part in various department-wide initiatives - Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation - Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting - Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed - Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll - Help with the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP - Maintain monthly payment schedules - Support fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation - Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner - Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com or call 404-846-9010!
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Microsoft Excel experience required
- Accounts receivable experience preferred
- Adeptness in bank relations
- Accounts receivable aging experience
- General familiarity with W2 - 1099 - T4 Preparation
- Solid understanding of QuickBooks
- Demonstrated knowledge of bank reconciliations
- Proficiency in accounts payable
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Skilled with ERP systems
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans