Kiewit Corporation Heavy Equipment Mechanic in Bremond, Texas
Date: Mar 13, 2018
Location: Bremond, TX, US
Requisition ID: 73265
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
• Maintains Heavy Equipment (Haul Trucks, Blades, & Dozers)
• Analyzes equipment failures, determines cause(s) and makes necessary adjustments or repairs and installs necessary parts.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operations; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Assists operators with preventative and predictive maintenance of equipment by inspecting and testing electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic components.
• Performs walk around inspections.
• Observes all operation policies and procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
• Participates in a Job Hazard Analysis of the working area.
• Required to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
• Five or more years’ Mechanical experience on heavy equipment, preferably equipment used in the mining environment .
• Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals and labels. Ability to fill put all paperwork associated with job.
• Working independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: College Station
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Mechanic, Maintenance Mechanic, Chemical Research, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations