Black & Veatch Piping Superintendent in Bucks, Alabama
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.
Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.
We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.
We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog.
Now is the time to work at BVCI!
BVCI Superintendents are responsible for ensuring that the daily project execution is in line with the National and Project Labor Union Agreements; are responsible for understanding all Local Union agreements for the project along with establishing a working relationship with the Local Union Business Agent and the Site Job Steward. These lead professionals are responsible for ensuring uninterrupted workflow, have the ability and expertise to stand in for the construction manager during absence from site if requested, have the ability to comprehend overall project schedule with regards to requirements of other disciplines or subcontractors requirements, and will also have the responsibility for safety and quality requirements on site. Our Superintendents have the ability and responsibility to mentor and train other discipline superintendents, are capable of recommending training and development needs for the trainees, and can be designated as Lead Discipline Superintendents responsible for duties as assigned.
This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists the Construction Manager in ensuring complete adherence by all site supervision and craft to the BVCI Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, and Guides. Is responsible for reporting inappropriate conduct by any site personnel to the site Construction manager and the project Safety manager.
• Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation.
• Assists craft/subcontractors/superintendents in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety.
• Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes necessary actions to maintain targets.
• Ensures competent and practical adherence to the BVCI standards and lessons learned.
• Communicates issues and new project lessons learned in order that these issues are captured for possible future implementation.
• Conducts foreman/subcontractor meetings to review/assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning.
• Develops and monitors 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope.
• Develops corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met.
• Verifies that all material, manpower and other resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site.
• Develops, monitors, and reports on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities.
• Maintains a daily log for site records.
• Reviews all craft/subcontractor timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests.
• Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets.
• Communicates and coordinates assigned craft/subcontractor(s) daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents/Facilitators and Construction Manager.
• Manage direct hire craft, provide any required discipline in accordance with BVCI’s Labor Relations Manual
• Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
• Develops a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s).
• Assists Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of all extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs).
• Assists the Construction Engineer in the compilation of or answering Requests for Information (RFI). Responsible for compiling and answering RFIs if required
• Administers the execution of work packages and equipment installation.
• Develops and distributes a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope.
• Identifies potential back charges and out of scope issues and reports to Construction Manager. Supports commercial recovery process.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
* This position is not available for visa sponsorship
* This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
• 8+ years experience as a Superintendent on equivalent projects
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 5+ years' experience on large power plant construction projects; especially new construction projects
• Majority of experience working on Union projects
• Extensive experience leading directly hired craft
• Union Apprenticeship completed
• Working experience working on combined cycle projects
• Knowledge of union agreements and jurisdictional issues
• Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals.
• Knowledge of Welding Processes and Procedures
• Knowledge of ASME Codes and Piping Standards
• Construction Safety awareness and comprehension.
• Knowledge of Cultural and Social Awareness Skills
• Conflict Management Skills
• Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project Management Skills
• Communication Skills
• Constructability Knowledge within discipline
• Construction Knowledge within other disciplines
• Conceptual Planning Ability
• Legal Contract understanding ( EPC / Subcontracts )
• Leadership Ability
• Human Relations Skills
• Risk Assessment/Management
• Time Reporting Systems
• Cost Code Labor Productivity Systems
• Time Reporting Policies and Procedures
• Expense Reporting Policies and Procedures
• Construction Guides and Standards
• Administrative Policies and Procedures
• Computer Skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.