GCP Applied Technologies Engineering Technician in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Engineering Technician will provide technical support for the Operations team for Verifi and will be responsible for the day to day execution of the RMA program (failed part returns). The production group is responsible for delivering Verifi truck hardware to our customers and field service personnel, maintaining high quality standards set for and by our customers, and to work with other Verifi departments to continuously improve our product offerings.
Job Responsibilities for the Engineering Technician: RMA Processing and Evaluation
- Receive failed parts from the field, log them in our failure tracking program, and transfer the parts in SAP.
- Organize and maintain all RMA and failed parts and prepare weekly report.
- Perform functional evaluations to determine existence and nature of failures.
- Lead or assist in root cause evaluations and corrective action determinations.
- Develop and document repair and rework procedures for components based on corrective action determination
- Develop and document manufacturing test procedures for new assemblies.
- Maintain and repair equipment used in the Assembly Lab
- Conduct first article inspection as needed for supplier qualification
Continuous Improvement and Field Test Activities
- Assist in developing evaluation and test procedures for failed components.
- Assist in developing evaluation equipment and test fixtures.
- Assist in product quality, process quality, and cost reduction activities.
- Travel to customer locations to support troubleshooting and root cause analysis activities
*Education & Experience *
- Associates degree in a technical field required/Bachelors degree preferred.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting experience. *Skills & Abilities *
Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel. **
- Ability to communicate clearly in English.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Special Requirements for the Engineering Technician:
Able to lift and carry test equipment and manufactured products up to 50 lbs.
- High visual acuity
- Able to work as a self-starter in fast paced environment.
- Able to work independently and ask for clarification when necessary.
- Comfortable working in various plant level environments.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.