GCP Applied Technologies Production Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
GCP has developed a new industry leading product: In-Transit Concrete Management. The company’s flagship solution is called Verifi, a sophisticated electromechanical control and fluid transfer system using IoT and cloud computing technology to manage the quality of concrete during from the time it leaves the ready-mix plant until it arrives on the job site.
As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of Assembly Technician and an Engineering Technician to assemble, kit, and ship equipment for field installation. You will also be working with the field service team to analyze returned equipment and supply service and maintenance parts to keep the fleet running in top condition. We are looking for a experienced Operations leader ready to take on the challenge of working with a new technology that is changing the way concrete is made.
BS in a Technical Degree (Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering preferred) or BS in Operations Management
- At least 5 years of management and leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, with progressively responsible positions in operation or manufacturing engineering
- Experience in discrete manufacturing environment preferably with electro-mechanical products
- Strong commitment to Environmental, Health and Safety leadership, Quality, and Customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and other Continuous Improvement tools and culture is a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where business demands can change on short notice
**Special Requirements (includes Necessary Language skills):
- Candidate must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and problem solve.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent safety performance, attention to detail, proactive and able to self-start.
- Candidate must have good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite of software.
- Prior SAP experience is a plus
- Position Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day supervision of production team and Engineering Technician
- Develop, manage and communicate weekly production schedule to support business requirements
- Work with contract manufacturing partners for scheduling and delivery of material required for field installations
- Ensure production output meets output and quality metrics
- Manage and report inventory of parts and finished goods per business targets; oversee annual physical inventory count and reconciliation
- Oversee maintenance and repair of equipment and tooling required in the Assembly Lab
- Develop and track annual Operations budget for the Assembly Lab; generate monthly operations performance metrics
- Manage Return Material Authorization process for equipment returned from the field; generate monthly reports in cooperation with the technical support team (Command Center)Environmental, Health, and Safety
- Lead the implementation of GCP’s safety culture in the Assembly Lab
- Ensure compliance with company safety polices and best practices
- Conduct regular safety reviews of the Assembly Lab and champion safety performance improvements.Quality Management
- Track and report overall production quality metrics
- Lead supplier quality tracking and quality improvement initiatives
- Serve as focal point for resolution of all quality issues related to product quality for both internal and external causesEmployee Development
- Hire and train employees as required to meet production capacity requirements
- Conduct annual employee appraisals
- Coach and mentor employees; work with employees to define personnel development planProductivity
- Develop and execute plan to achieve annual productivity targets
- Lead product quality, process quality, and cost reduction activities initiatives around topic such as cycle time reduction, scrap reduction, material cost reductions
- Drive operational excellence using Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.