Aultman Health Foundation OFFICE ASSISTANT in Canton, Ohio
Department AULTRA UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT
Schedule Part Time
Shift Day Shift
Hours 8am - 4:30pm - as assigned
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of theOffice Assistantis to perform assigned duties in an efficient, cost effective manner, in accordance with the established policies, procedures, and directed to assure that the business transactions of the Utilization Management Department/Case Management Department are handled properly. Some responsibilities may be shared with other Pre-certification Assistants. In this position, you will serve as the principle greeter to all who contact the Utilization Management Department and will handle a variety of clerical related duties. The Pre-cert Assistant in Utilization Management must provide efficient, quality service at all times.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
· Anticipate and follow through with both internal and external customer request to their satisfaction. Seek assistance of others and other departments when needed.
· Maintain cooperative approach in dealing with co-workers, creating productive working relationships.
· Express ideas and information verbally and in writing using appropriate grammar, word usage and organization of ideas clearly and concisely.
· Deal with a diversity of people in a broad range of circumstances.
· Communicate with customers in a professional manner and maintain positive contact with others including but not limited to co-workers and medical professionals.
· Accept assignments willingly and ensures through completion of assignments meeting deadlines.
· Adapt to changes in unplanned workload and job demands while paying attention to detail.
· Seek additional assignments upon completion of own duties as time allows.
· Meet acceptable attendance and punctuality expectations.
· Demonstrate initiative in problem solving; knows when to seek counsel of Nursing staff and/or Coordinator.
· Keep within acceptable limitations for break and lunch schedules.
· Maintain confidentiality of member/employer information at all times.
· Accurately report and document pertinent demographic information on requests for health care.
· Facilitates all requests for health care services to nurse.
· Answer incoming telephone calls, screen and direct calls to the appropriate person if indicated.
· Accurately maintains filing of records for the Utilization Management Department.
· Use good judgment in referring inquires to other office personnel, supervisor, Director, and Medical Director.
· Consistently demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize work in accordance with organizational position and necessity.
· Correctly input information into the RIMS data system.
· Assist with data entry into P.C. programs as directed.
· Accurately check eligibility of enrollee when necessary.
· Consistently communicate to providers "disclaimer", stating that UM is certifying the request based on medical necessity and is not confirming an enrollee's eligibility to receive benefits.
· Adhere to notification guidelines related to healthcare requests
· Accurately track turnaround times for designated tasks.
· Process Improvement: Continuously reviews, recommends and implements improvement steps, as needed or directed.
· Seeks supervisory guidance/approval as appropriate.
· Portrays professional image: follows dress code; communicates with internal and external customers in a professional manner, including appropriate verbal and written grammar.
· Promotes and demonstrates professional standards to enhance the development of the department.
· Practices ethical conduct.
· Meets acceptable attendance and punctuality expectations (excluding FMLA)
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. AultCare is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
· Education: High School diploma or GED required.
· Must be able to type 40wpm with accuracy
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Frequent sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, and long periods working at a computer.
· Office environment with minimal noise level due to computers, printers and floor activity.
· Hours of operation are 7:30am – 5pm, Monday through Friday, of which an 8-hour shift is assigned. Occasional overtime, off shift or weekend work may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.