Newell Brands Plastics Customer Service Manager - Waddington in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Position Title: North American Plastics Customer Service Manager
Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reports to: General Manager, Waddington North America
The North American Plastics Customer Service Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Customer Service Department. Monitoring the timely processing and releasing of customer orders. Reviewing and assessing current departmental polices and seeking ways to enhance the overall customer experience. Providing both customers and sales representatives with reliable and timely information regarding order status, product information and/or general assistance.
• Improve customer service experience, create an engaged customer service team designed to
facilitate organic growth.
• Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution.
• Build a team of customer service professionals that are solution oriented and customer centric.
• Recruit, mentor and develop customer service representatives by creating an environment
where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
• Achieve departmental objectives through improved communication and presenting
recommendations on strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans;
implementing, productivity, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying
customer service transactional trends; and determining process improvements.
• Prepare and manage a departmental budget analyzing variances and initiating corrective
• Determine customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting
operational environments; conducting customer surveys; benchmarking best practices; and
analyzing information and applications.
• Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes;
establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results;
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Manage priorities of staff members across multiple manufacturing sites
• Reviews all open orders to ensure timely release and shipping per customers’ requests
• Coordinate the processing and resolutions of all customer quality complaints via reports, emails,
and working directly with the Quality Managers at each manufacturing site.
• Address and help resolve service issues with staff and Traffic Manager
• Liaison between customer and management on all service complaints to ensure proper follow-
up by our sales managers
• Work with sales and marketing to ensure correct implementation of all sales programs as it
relates to order processing
• 5+ years of experience managing or supervising a staff of 3+ in a Customer Service setting preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent data entry skills and phone skills are a must
• Knowledge of Word and Excel are required.
• Independent leader with excellent communication skills.
• Multi tasked individual that is assertive, fair minded, understanding and sensible.
• Able to work well under pressure. Must know excel and word.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.