Mercy Health Food Service Specialist - West Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
Food Service Specialist - West Park
Job ID: 4660544
Updated: March 13, 2018
Geographic Location: Cincinnati
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 18
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing entry level job functions relative to patient meal service, cafeteria, catering, food prep, and sanitation.
- Performs tasks on the patient tray line-portioning and assembling food according to menu, write ins, nourishments etc. Restocks supplies on the line as needed. Also makes salads, desserts, and sandwiches per recipes for patient line.
- Gathers and delivers requisitioned supplies for the pantry stock.
- Delivers patient trays in acordance with selection and prescribed diets following food safety and sanitation guidelines. Good customer relation skills and communication with the patient is a must.
- Demonstrates competency in the safe use, care, and handling of equipment. Reprts malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Works in the dishroom as scheduled, following acceptable procedures. All pots and pans must be properly washed rinsed and sanitized per ServSafe procedures.
- Follows established safety practices related to the proper use of chemicals.
- Attends meetings as required to enhance safety knowledge, job skills, and communication within the department.
- Serves in the cafeteria when necessary utilizing appropriate customer service skills. Follows all recipe and portion control standards. Restocks as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed. May assist in other areas as relief.
- Preferred High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years in the food industry helpful - Preferred
Shift and Job Schedule
Part-Time; 18 hours/week
Schedule: 7:30am - 2:00pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.