YMCA of Greater Houston Member Services Senior Director in Houston, Texas
The Tellepsen Family YMCA is seeking a dynamic, innovative, highly motivated Member Services Senior Director. This 115,000 square foot state of the art facility serving Downtown Houston has an operational budget of $7 million dollars and provides programs and services to 8,000 facility membership units.Primary functions include marketing and oversight and management of all aspects of Membership including supervision of 3 exempt staff. This position will focus on leading the team to provide members with an excellent member experience as well as recruiting and engaging new members using Daxko Operations, Impact Services and Engage. Other responsibilities include program management and development, staff hiring and training, staff development and implementation of best practices.
Directs all aspects of member services for the center including sales, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff. Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA program(s)that promotes member wellness, engagement and healthy living in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Implements member service strategies that promote retention of existing members. Organizes assigned staff to support retention goals. Identifies and resolves problem areas to ensure member satisfaction.
- Ensures new members are properly introduced and integrated into programs and services based on the needs analysis interview. Works closely with Healthy Living team and Executive team to ensure new member fitness goals and satisfaction are met.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs Welcome Center staff.Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Ensures quality control for all on-line membership joins.
- Responds to and resolves elevated member concerns.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff.Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Oversees the record keeping and processes associated with member services including MFA, third party pay arrangements, terms/holds and Daxko. Ensures compliance with membership policies including proper filing and storage of membership files.
- Conducts tours of facility and sells memberships in the absence of a Sales Associate.
- Supervises the Directors responsible for membership sales, Childwatch, AOA, Outreach and Informal Education.
- Leads assigned aspects of the Annual Support Campaign.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings. YMCA Culture & Cause Expectations Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. As a cause driven leader you are expected to be:Welcoming-Accept neighbors eagerly, warmly, hospitably, and as equal participants.Nurturing-To care for, support, and help develop through encouragement.Hopeful-Take an optimistic or positive view of future outcomes.Determined-To devote full strength and concentrated attention to the cause.Genuine–To be honest and open in relationships with others.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years previous supervisory experience in customer service. Experience in Y membership and/or programs preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES May directly supervise part time, non-exempt and exempt employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; reviewing and approving timesheets; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; monitoring and updating all required staff certifications; addressing complaints and resolving problems. COMPUTER LITERACY Skills are essential in all of the Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Access. Ability to use these programs to lighten work load, develop reports and to automate procedures is very necessary. Ability to diagnose basic PC problems and to communicate those problems is very important. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. TRAVEL Travel is primarily local between assigned centers during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Posting ID 82415321807
Job Category Member Services/Sales