CSX Executive Assistant in JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Title: Executive Assistant
Location: United States-FL-Jacksonville
Job Number: 044789
Provides administrative support to the Chief Administration Officer and other Executive Team Members and their respective departments.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly calendar
- Manage prioritization and timely replies to e-mails, responding on behalf of executive as appropriate
- Track all correspondence to ensure requested responses are returned in a timely manner
- Ensure technical and administrative support is provided to internal and external customers as needed
- Review expense reports and appropriate documentation and process invoices for payment. Maintain applicable files
- Manage meeting agendas, maintain list of action items, distribute minutes / action items and pursue resolution of action items
- Make travel arrangements, coordinate facilities, set up, and catering with vendors, etc., within budgetary constraints, and manage attendee list for meetings, conferences, training, etc
- Prepare materials for meetings, including presentations and summary reports that may include spreadsheets and graphs
- Provide administrative support for other departmental meetings as needed
- Prepare, maintain, and present departmental metrics / scorecard
- Monitor departmental budget reports
- Order office supplies
- Assist with special projects
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 3 or more years of experience in Office Administration and support required
- Bachelor's Degree/4-year Degree
- 1 or more years of experience in supporting executives, government officials, or serving in an administrative support capacity at a Fortune 500 company
Knowledge and Skills
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Effective Interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Outlook skills, including scheduling meetings and managing emails and calendars
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Word skills including document and report creation and editing
- Microsoft Excel skills to create graphs and charts and maintain Departmental scorecards
- Software application (i.e., Oracle Financials) skills for expense reporting or invoice processing
- Employee payroll or other Human Resource Information Systems (i.e. PeopleSoft) skills
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with various levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment that requires sensitive matters be handled confidentially
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
The CSX Leadership Model is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following: producing results, creating change, and inspiring excellence.
- May be required to complete a background check
Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. When a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers and the communities. In line with our commitment to safety, the applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete medical screenings and a background check.
CSX, based in Jacksonville, Florida, is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products. For nearly 190 years, CSX has played a critical role in the nation's economic expansion and industrial development. Its network connects every major metropolitan area in the eastern United States, where nearly two-thirds of the nation's population resides. It also links more than 240 short-line railroads and more than 70 ocean, river and lake ports with major population centers and farming towns alike. More information about CSX Corporation and its subsidiaries is available at www.csx.com. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
At CSX, two of our five Guiding Principles are Valuing and Developing Employees as well as Operating Safely. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the EEO is Law poster. Here Click here to view the OFCCP pay transparency provision information. Here
CSX Transportation and its subsidiaries are not seeking outside assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies or search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Any resumes submitted by an outside vendor to any employee at CSX via e-mail, Internet, or directly to hiring managers without a valid written search agreement in place with the Talent Acquisition / HR department will be deemed the sole property of CSX. No placement fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired as a result of the referral, or through other means.