Belcan Press Brake Operator in Lancaster, New York
Press Brake Operator
Job Number: 280293
With close supervision and assistance, coordinate and perform the quoting, planning, scheduling, job order and inventory management functions required to support fabrication of Vessels products in accordance with order fulfillment and stocking requirements.
The responsibilities described here are representative of those tasks an employee performs to successfully complete the essential functions of this job; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all tasks that may be assigned or required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Release stock job orders in accordance with the ERP process and work instructions.
• Input new stock item routings and hours into the ERP system based on input from Estimating.
• Participate in generating the production schedule status reports for weekly production meetings by identifying the current backlog and assisting with the collection and display of intercompany data.
• Perform a thorough review of material requirements for jobs nearing completion and initiate issues and/or expedite material, as required.
• Ensure that deliveries are maintained at a 90% or better on-time rate.
• Monitor and assist in the resolution of pending resource and material transactions.
• Provide support for best delivery dates for sales quotes, based on available capacity.
• Follow directions and perform tasks as assigned by Manager PIC.
• Follow the 5S system.
The requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The minimum qualifications required include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• At least, 1 to 3 years in a manufacturing environment, with emphasis on planning experience or inventory processes.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products and current MRP/ERP systems.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to apply the concepts of basic algebra and geometry and calculate figures and amounts, such as, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively to internal company groups.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish, a plus.
• Forklift operation, ability to pass an in-house certification and clean driving record, a plus.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma and/or GED.
• Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Location: Lancaster , NY
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: High School Diploma
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart