IBI Group Transit Data Analyst in Seattle, Washington
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here’s how we work:
The Seattle, WA office is hiring a Transit Data Analyst to join their team.
IBI Group's Transit Data practice focuses on helping transit agencies manage their data, provide high-quality real-time information to passengers, and analyze service quality and measure performance. The Transit Data practice also has a special emphasis on open data, and open data standards like GTFS/GTFS-real-time.
The Transit Data team has been working closely with many agencies to plan for, design, procure, implement, and test their passenger information and analytics systems. This includes experience with Community Transit, Denver RTD, Boston MBTA, Los Angeles Metro, amongst others.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
• Plan, design, implement, and test technology systems that
o Provide high-quality real-time information to transit passengers. This includes systems that interface with vehicle tracking systems, generate predictions, generate service alerts, and provide them to passengers via a variety of channels and data feeds.
o Analyze service and measure performance based on real-time and archival data. This includes assessing the quality of service provided to and experienced by transit passengers
• Analyze schedule, operational, real-time, and spatial data to identify issues, and improve transit service
• Prepare technical memos, reports and proposals
• Coordinate with clients, and other design disciplines, offices and staff
You'll need to have:
• Strong interest in public transit
• Experience with, or interest in, transit operations is preferred
• Experience with, or interest in, transit data (e.g. GTFS and GTFS-real-time formatted data) is preferred
• Experience with, or interest in, databases and SQL is preferred
• One of the following educational qualifications:
o Master's degree in Transportation, Transportation Engineering, Systems Engineering, Civil Engineering, City Planning, Urban Planning, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
o Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Transportation Engineering, Systems Engineering, Civil Engineering, City Planning, Urban Planning, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and at least two years of work experience in the transportation industry.
• Problem solving skills and a practical thinker
• Strong organizational skills and self-motivated
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
This office is steps away from the Pioneer Square Station. It is easily accessible by bike and car.
We work on projects in the Seattle area, and across North America. Significant projects in the Seattle area include:
• Planning for, design, and development of systems for Community Transit to create, manage and disseminate service alerts and to provide real-time information for all modes.
• Preliminary design and analysis to support collection and dissemination of real-time information for Sound Transit’s Sounder service.
Professional fees are paid yearly and we provide a competitive benefits package.
Please add school transcripts and writing samples with your resume submission.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.