Continental Corporation Manufacturing Line Lead Ranger AA (A Shift) in Seguin, Texas
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Automotive Group with its three divisions Chassis & Safety (sales of approx. €8.4 billion in 2015, roughly 40.000 employees), Powertrain (sales of approx. €7.1 billion in 2015, roughly 35,400 employees) and Interior (sales of approx. €8.2 billion in 2015, roughly 40,500 employees) achieved sales of approximately €23.7 billion in 2015. The Automotive Group is present in more than 170 locations worldwide. As a partner to the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, it develops and produces innovative products and systems for a modern automotive future in which cars provide individual mobility and driving pleasure consistent with driving safety, environmental responsibility, and cost-efficiency.
Auto req ID 87591BR
Job Title Manufacturing Line Lead Ranger AA (A Shift)
Country United States
Posting Location Seguin, TX
• Responsible for organizing, training, and leading daily activities of an autonomous manufacturing team made up of 4-8 operators.
• Performs normal production work station duties as defined in Manufacturing Associate I and Manufacturing Associate II position
• Leads the team’s daily start up meeting, ergonomic assigns work, and establishes job rotation
• Conducts OJT and maintains required training documentation for all employees assigned to the work cell
• Guides the team in the development and use of Standard Work
• Performs first response troubleshooting and minor first line maintenance activities during line down situations
• Ensures team achieves daily 5S+1, Quality, Delivery, Kaizen, and Cost goals
• Makes recommendations for individual recognition for goal achievement and contributions
• Employs various problem solving techniques (5 Why, etc.) to drive problems to permanent corrective action
• Drives teams Kaizen activities to ensure continuous improvement within the work cell
• Ensures individual and team compliance to established policies and procedures
• Leads the team in completion of required preventative maintenance activities
• Performs cell audits and inspections and follows up on abnormalities; charts/tracks team progress
•Manufacturing Associate I operator is responsible for being an active participant in an autonomous manufacturing team. Including: operating, maintaining production equipment, recognizing abnormalities, following procedures, communicating with team members, and actively pursuing continuous improvement.
• Maintains a safe work environment,
• Maintains Good Attendance
• Focuses on production and improves efficiencies in the production line/area
• Effectively communicates with team members & management,
• Maintains Professional attire
• Maintains the highest level of integrity & treats associates fairly & equitably, Leads by example
• HS diploma or equivalent
• High degree of problem solving and communications skills
• Ability to successfully lead a team
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Ability to function under high stress
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to lift 28 pounds unassisted. Must be able to stand for periods up to 12 hours. Must be able to Push, pull (racks), Reach, Twist, Turn, Stoop, Walk, Stand for 12 hours.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.