Express Scripts Clinical Pharmacist in St. Louis, Missouri
The Clinical Pharmacist completes assigned operational tasks using standard appropriate tools and provides support to client requests under the direction of the Client Benefit Managers and other team members. Responsibilities include handling daily request tracking, researching operational issues and running reports for internal and external clients upon request; provide documentation related to completion of assigned tasks and identify operational or productivity enhancements. The Clinical Pharmacist will provide project and administrative support to the team and escalate issues, risks, concerns as needed.
- Leadership within Clinical Rules department.
- Responsible for indirect management of resources and contribution to management needs including but not limited to issue resolution, sub team management, and project leadership.
- Ownership and accountability for the end to end processes and projects.
- Possess strong subject matter expertise on and ability to train and mentor to other team members.
- Responsible for service request support as part of primary responsibility (>75%).
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (highly preferred) or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy. Advanced clinicalexperience/training/certificationsalso preferred.
- Completion of clinical residency or at least 2 years clinical pharmacy experience
- Current US Pharmacist Licensure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must have strong commitment to clinical services and company goals
- Ability to work with cross functional committees or workgroups.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritization.
- Able to function under stressful situations.
- Clinical expertise and understanding of clinical arena/issues across all points of pharmaceutical care.
- Able to present to leadership and lead discussions.
- Knowledge and Abilities: Operations support, Workflow support, Problem Solving, Interface/Presence with Leadership, Critical & Strategic
- Thinking, Cross Functional Skills, Organizational Collaboration, Forward Thinking.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The mission of Client Services is to meet market needs for speed, flexibility and reliability, while driving and influencing best operational practices to make Express Scripts the most competitive and effective PBM. Client Services includes Client and Benefit Administration, Manual Claims Processing, Eligibility, Quality Control, Implementation and the Client Service Center. These centralized functions support the client lifecycle throughout the enterprise to help Express Scripts “get it right the first time” to increase client satisfaction and reduce waste and the cost of rework.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Pharma & Retail Relations team plays a key role in keeping us at the forefront of healthcare evolution. Team members are tasked with overseeing partnerships with Express Scripts’ key supplier groups, including brand and generic pharmaceutical manufacturers, retail pharmacies and drug wholesalers. Successfully maintaining these relationships allows our 83+ million patients to have access to the medicine they need at a price they can afford.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.